Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Funny How Those Little Things Keep Popping Up


My life lesson today was failure. Not in my work or my ability to be good at what I do, but in my ability to believe in myself. It's funny when you receive criticism whether it be productive or counter productive-- that you lose the ability to function for a little while as you try to process the information and reply to it and try harder or do better. Time is not my best friend right now. When I try to be better, do better, hold tighter, I seem to come up short.
As hard as I try to see the positive, today is a negative day. Yes nothing horrible happened and yes nothing tragic happened, but still a few words from a mentor of sorts, dropped me down to a low.
So perhaps I need to step it up a bit to put it in teenage voice, or perhaps I need to focus harder. I am not sure at this pint but the failure I see in today is the failure that I did not stand up for myself a little more and protect my feelings a lot more.
Tomorrow is another day and so I go to sleep and wake up hoping for a better day with new and wonderful inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment